RSS Feed

Rest Before Tired.. the Hotel California way

Hotel California.. a song I just love to hear.. time and again. The song made it maiden entry into my life when Ani and me were at the Lake Garden, Kuala Lumpur in the late 70s.

(Ani and me.. we are friends since we were 7 years old till today)

err I would skip detailing what we were doing there at that point in time but we fondly referred that moment as another "Hotel California" experiencing.

Now.. I am mostly forever spending the weekend.. On the Bike.. On the Ride.. with husband.. vroooooming all over the country.

And last 25 December we hit the highway past midnight to Johor International Bike Week and by the time we were approaching R & R Pagoh (after 04 a.m).. most of those hardcore bikers.. decided to call it a day.

This is another episode oh how I love our "Hotel California" experiences.


on a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
my head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night

there she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
and I was thinking to myself,
'this could be Heaven or this could be Hell'
then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
there were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say

welcome to the Hotel California
such a lovely place
such a lovely face
plenty of room at the Hotel California
any time of year, you can find it here


welcome to the Hotel California
such a lovely place
such a lovely face
they livin' it up at the Hotel California
what a nice surprise, bring your alibis

last thing I remember, I was
running for the door
I had to find the passage back
to the place I was before

'Relax,' said the night man,
we are programmed to receive.
you can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave!

0 comments:

Post a Comment